At SCS we understand that to build a sustainable company for the future, we need to address the environmental issues facing our planet and businesses today. As such, we aspire to be a carbon neutral company and are committed to making a difference.
We have taken major steps to ensure that we reduce our carbon footprint and since 2009 we have been able to offer a ‘carbon neutral minutes’ product and other products which limit the damage to the environment, such as fax to email and audio conferencing. Our policy is to increase the awareness of environmental responsibilities amongst our employees, both at home and in the work place.
- We have transferred over 80% of our customers to electronic invoicing and encourage all new customers to participate.
- All computers are switched off at the end of the day.
- We operate a 'lights off` policy in our offices.
- We recycle wherever possible and encourage printing documents only when necessary.
- We have implemented car pools and ensure appointments are route mapped to particular geographical areas, endeavouring to avoid repeat journeys.